Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Story of Circles


I'm home from South Africa, and I can't say that I'm in the same place that I was when I left.  It will take me some time to process how I am different, but from the people of South Africa, I certainly learned ways  that I hope to be different. 

God chose to speak to me daily through the simple shape of a circle.  I saw everything in terms of circles and everyday ended with a story of a new kind of circle.  A circle of culture, community, or a spiral of destruction.   Even as I'm writing this, I'm thinking that the year or more before South Africa, I was living my life running in circles, too dizzy to focus on anyone one thing or person. 

Today I'll spend journaling memories and sorting through photos.  Tomorrow, I'll begin leading you in circles through the stories of my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment